I can’t install a 64 bit printer driver on my 32 bit print server?
Give this a try:
1. Install the appropriate printer driver / software.
2. Locate the drivers in the folder location below from the client machine (having the printer driver already installed on the machine)
Drivers are located:
3. Look for the appropriate driver .inf
4. Upload that to the Print Server Directory
5. Choose that .inf file when adding x64 capability.
Note: In some cases, uploading a 64 bit print driver just wont work. In this case , install compatible driver software on all 64 bit computers that need to print to the 32 bit print server. Then “add a printer”, locate your printer on the network and your drivers should be automatically installed.
“If the print server does not already have the appropriate printer drivers in its driver store, Windows prompts you for the location of the driver files. Download and extract the appropriate driver files, and then in the dialog box that appears, specify the path to the .inf file of the driver.
You might not be able to extract some printer drivers without installing them. If this is the case, log on to a client computer that uses the same processor architecture as the printer drivers that you want to add to the print server, and install those printer drivers. Then use Print Management from the client computer to connect to the print server, and add the additional drivers from the Additional Drivers dialog box. Windows automatically uploads the drivers from the client computer to the print server.