What’s Covered? Look At Our 1 and 3 Month Warranty Categories
GoodwinTek provides a 30-Day Return Window (for services performed) or 90-Days for Refurbished Computer Sales (see Return of Non-Defective Products below) and the following limited warranty. This limited warranty extends only to the original purchaser and is effective with acceptance of item(s) or service rendered when owner receives item(s) or service in their possession.
Please note that any warranty services or questions must be accompanied by the order number from the transaction through which the warranted product was purchased. The order number serves as your warranty number and must be retained. GoodwinTek will offer no warranty service without this number.
GoodwinTek warrants this product and its parts against defects in materials or workmanship for 1 months from the original receive date, or 3 months for refurbished computer systems from the original receive date. During this period, GoodwinTek will repair or replace defective parts with new or reconditioned parts at GoodwinTek’s option, without charge to you.
Shipping fees incurred from returns for under-warranty service in the first 1 months (or 3 months if refurbished system) will be paid by GoodwinTek. All shipping fees both to and from GoodwinTek following this 1 month period (or 3 months if refurbished system) must be paid by the customer. All returns, both during and following the 1 month period (or 3 months if refurbished system), must be affected via the Procedures for Obtaining Warranty Service described below.
All original parts (parts installed by GoodwinTek at the original system build) replaced by GoodwinTek or its authorized service center, become the property of GoodwinTek. Any after-market additions or modifications will not be warranted. The computer system owner is responsible for the payment, at current rates, for any service or repair outside the scope of this limited warranty.
GoodwinTek makes no other warranty, either express or implied, including but not limited to implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or conformity to any representation or description, with respect to this computer other than as set forth below. GoodwinTek makes no warranty or representation, either express or implied, with respect to any other manufacturer’s product or documentation, its quality, performance, merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or conformity to any representation or description.
Except as provided below, GoodwinTek is not liable for any loss, cost, expense, inconvenience or damage that may result from use or inability to use the computer. Under no circumstances shall GoodwinTek be liable for any loss, cost, expense, inconvenience or damage exceeding the purchase price of the computer.
The warranty and remedies set forth below are exclusive and in lieu of all others, oral or written, expressed or implied. No reseller, agent or employee is authorized to make any modification, extension or addition to this warranty.
The above Limited Warranty is subject to the following conditions:
- This warranty extends only to products distributed and/or sold by GoodwinTek. It is effective only if the products are purchased and operated in the USA. (Within the USA including US 48 States, Alaska and Hawaii.)
- This warranty covers only normal use of the computer. GoodwinTek shall not be liable under this warranty if any damage or defect results from (i) misuse, abuse, neglect, improper shipping or installation; (ii) disasters such as fire, flood, lightning or improper electric current; or (iii) service or alteration by anyone other than an authorized GoodwinTek representative; (iv) damages incurred through irresponsible use, including those resulting from viruses or spyware, overclocking, or other non-recommended practices.
- You must retain your bill of sale or other proof of purchase to receive warranty service.
- No warranty extension will be granted for any replacement part(s) furnished to the purchaser in fulfillment of this warranty.
- GoodwinTek and its Authorized Service Center accepts no responsibility for any software programs, data or information stored on any media or any parts of any products returned for repair to GoodwinTek.
- All pre-installed software programs are licensed to customers under non-GoodwinTek software vendor’s term and conditions provided with the packages.
- This warranty does not cover any third party software or virus related problems.
- GoodwinTek makes no warranty either expressed or implied regarding third-party (non-GoodwinTek) software.
- Thirty-day Return Window does not include opened software, parts, special order merchandise and shipping and handling fees.
- Warranty is initiated when the owner receives the item(s) or service.
Return of Non-Defective Products
A non-defective product may be returned to GoodwinTek within thirty (30) days of the invoice date for a refund of the original purchase price with the following amendments/fees:
- GoodwinTek will refund neither the original shipping cost nor the shipping and handling fees incurred from the products return. If the original purchase was made under a “Free Shipping” promotion then a standard $20 fee will be deducted from any return in counter to that offer.
- No refund will be granted for software which has been opened, used, or tampered with in any way which jeopardized GoodwinTek’s ability to remarket or resell the product. GoodwinTek maintains full discretion in decisions regarding a products fitness for return.
- Any non-defective returns are subject to a 15% restocking fee, which percentage is taken from the final purchase price less any shipping or handling charges.
- Quantity purchases of five systems or more are not eligible for return.
To return a defective product, please contact our Customer Service Department for a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) number and follow the Return of Products Instructions below. The RMA is valid for 10 days from date of issuance. Returns will not be accepted without an RMA. Manufacturer restrictions do apply. Any item missing the UPC on the original packaging may not be returned.
Procedures for Obtaining Warranty Service
RMA (Returning Merchandise Authorization) Policy:
If repairs are required, the customer must obtain a RMA number and provide proof of purchase. RMA and services are rendered by GoodwinTek only. Any shipping costs after 1 months (starting from the original date of purchase) on any item returned for repair is the customers’ responsibility. All returned parts must have a RMA number written clearly on the outside of the package along with a letter detailing the problems and a copy of the original proof of purchase. No COD packages will be accepted. No package will be accepted without a RMA number written on the outside of the package. RMA numbers are only valid for 1 months from the date of issue.
Should you have any problems with your computer or product, please follow these procedures to obtain the service:
1. If you have purchased our on-site warranty, please find your order# (the order number from the transaction through which the warranted product was originally purchased) and contact GoodwinTek Customer Service at 207-432-4024.
2. If the computer or item must be repaired or replaced, an RMA number (Return Merchandise Authorization Number) will be issued for shipment to our repair department. Please follow the instructions given by GoodwinTek technical support staff to ship your computer. GoodwinTek will not accept any shipments without a RMA number.
3. Pack the computer in its original box or a well-protected box, as outlined in the Return Shipping Instructions. GoodwinTek will not be responsible for shipping damage/loss of any product outside the original 1 month GoodwinTek-paid service period. It is very important that you write the RMA number clearly on the outside of the package. Ship the computer with a copy of your bill of sale or other proof of purchase, your name, address, phone number, description of the problem(s), and the RMA number you have obtained to:
12 King St. Apt. 201
Springvale, ME 04083
4. Upon receiving the computer, GoodwinTek will repair or replace your computer (at GoodwinTek’s discretion) and will ship it back to you within 2 weeks (dependent on parts availability) via parcel carrier of choice.
5. Cross-exchange (Parts only): You will need to ship defective part(s) back to GoodwinTek and be received by GoodwinTek within 1 months to avoid charges to your credit card or payment claimed. If such charges have been claimed, the return shipped part(s) and part will be billed at the current price.
6. GoodwinTek will pay for shipping to and from the customer only within the first thirty days following the original product received date. Following this 1 month period all shipping fees for items and repairs are the sole responsibility of the customer. The customer also assumes full liability for losses or damages resulting from shipping as well as all responsibility to pursue remuneration for such issues with their selected carrier.
After 1 Month Warranty – New System 3 Month Warranty
For 1 month warranty items and repair, the procedure is the same as outlined above for RMA, coverage and shipping. However, for all new GoodwinTek manufactured computer systems a 90 day warranty will be issued. The 90 day warranty is the same as outlined in the 1 month warranty with the same RMA procedures found above. After the 30 or 90 day warranty period, the customer is responsible for shipping charges both ways, current labor ($35 per hour if not under warranty), and the current price of part(s) used in repair.
GoodwinTek does not offer technical support for any software including installed OS or other programs unless payed technical support is obtained. GoodwinTek accepts no liability for problems caused by after-market software or hardware modifications or additions. GoodwinTek is not responsible for giving any technical support concerning the installation or integration of any software or component the customer did not pay GoodwinTek to install. GoodwinTek is not responsible for loss of data or time, even with hardware failure. Customers are responsible for backing up any data for their own protection unless obtaining data recovery services. GoodwinTek is not responsible for any loss of work (“down time”) caused by a product requiring service. This warranty is null and void if the defect or malfunction was due to damage resulting from operation not within manufacturer specifications. It will also be null and void if there are indications of misuse and/or abuse. GoodwinTek has the option of voiding the warranty if any one other than an authorized GoodwinTek technician attempts to service the product. GoodwinTek will not warrant any problems arising from an act of God (lighting, flooding, tornado, etc.), electrical spikes or surges, or problems arising out of hardware, software, or additional devices added to complement any system/component bought at GoodwinTek. Under no circumstances will GoodwinTek be responsible for any refund or remuneration exceeding the original purchase price of the product less any shipping fees. GoodwinTek will not be held responsible for typographical errors on sales receipts, repair tickets, or on our website. GoodwinTek makes every effort to make sure all information on our website is correct.
We appreciate your business and offer you a rock solid warranty to back it all up!
<– Back to Support